Top-tier maintenance service is centered around value optimization and best-in-class total cost of ownership while providing competitive and reliable craft labour. Stuart Olson offers innovative solutions to help achieve your long-term objectives concerning asset reliability, talent retention, ESG, quality, and above all else, safety.
We maintain a diversified portfolio coast-to-coast, enabling us to gather and analyze market conditions, best practices, and cost-optimization initiatives across Canada’s leading projects.
With our outstanding performance improvements in safety, quality, and cost, we are eager to bring our expertise to all sites through our Value Initiative Program. Working together, we aim to innovate and optimize processes, tooling, equipment, material, and labour by leveraging our shared organizational history and experience.
Multi-Year Service Contracts Focused On Delivering:
- Single or Multi-Discipline Services
- Embedded & Non-Embedded Models
- Single or Multi-Labour Platforms (composite crews)
- Total Cost of Ownership & Value Initiative Programs
- Dedicated Workforce Planning & Recruitment
- Employee Competency & Development Program
- Emergency Response
- Optimized Planning & Scheduling
- Continuous Improvement Programs
- Program Creation
- Maintenance Acceptance Testing
- Award-winning HSE Performance
Whether it is a turnaround, outage, shutdown, or pitstop, we have a proven history of planning and executing on schedule and within budget. Continuous improvement is embedded within our manuals, and we are committed to sharing lessons learned with each client
The MRO group’s commitment to safety and the rigorous application of our safety management program produces exceptional results. The Canadian Safety Achievement Awards recognized our dedication with the “The Zero Injury Turnaround Award” in 2022, 2021, 2020, and 2019.
Daily reporting is vital to achieving project objectives. Our robust and transparent project controls system publishes critical progress reports to help you make insightful, proactive decisions.
We collaborate with you to develop the most cost-effective path forward to get the plant switched back on and turned over, allowing operations to focus on production.
- Dedicated Workforce Planning & Recruitment
- Continuous Coverage with All Disciplines
- Planning & Scheduling
- Turnover Planning / Equipment Inspections
- Supervision, Quality, Administration
- Safety Campaign Coordination
- Daily Reporting & 3-Day Look Ahead
- Commissioning / Start-up
- Regional Labour Planning
- Dedicated Recruitment Team
- Found Work Response
- Logistics & Procurement
- 3rdParty & OEM Management
The MRO group specializes in multi-disciplinary maintenance, turnarounds, and sustaining capital projects executing work in Canada’s various Industrial sectors.
Our primary focus is providing skilled craft labour services through bundled and optimized labour solutions.
Core Service Expertise:
The Stuart Olson MRO group delivers several specialty services focusing on asset reliability and uptime.
Our teams respond quickly in unplanned emergencies to support restoring operations.
For over 100 years, we have provided maintenance, turnarounds, and construction solutions to the Canadian market, offering a full spectrum of services.
We provide scalable value-added solutions to meet your unique and dynamic needs.
- Project Coordination & Management
- Turnaround Planning & Coordination
- Bundle Pulling and Cleaning
- High Voltage & Technical Services 480V-500kV
- Acceptance & Maintenance Testing
- Specialty Cable Testing & Terminations
- Specialty Transformer Services
- Infrared Inspections (Mechanical & Electrical)
- LDAR, and M-21 Compliant Emissions Management
- Powerline 13.8kV-260kV
- Overhead or Underground Distribution and Transmission
- Heat Exchanger Repairs
- Asbestos Abatement
A healthy and safe work environment is non-negotiable. We build a culture of operational and psychological safety through engagement, learning, and leadership.
An industrial construction site is a dangerous and fast-paced environment with constantly changing hazards and risks. Our award-winning HSE program engages and protects craft to management every day. Ensuring the health and safety of our employees, partners, and communities is a core value of our company, guiding everything we do.
We collaborate with all project stakeholders to chart a practical path, methods, and means for safeguarding everyone from harm. All Stuart Olson employees actively participate in year-round safety training, with our executive members leading by example. We are incredibly proud of how personal ownership is reflected in our safety performance and our well-deserved reputation among our clients and peers.
Our Safety Pillars
- Our workforce is motivated and meaningfully engaged in safety through practical, standardized, and effective programs.
- Our employees thrive in a healthy safety culture supported by fair, accurate and timely decision-making.
- We equip our workers to ensure safeguards are always present, and we measure our success on the effectiveness of those safeguards. Our safeguards are both Safety and Environmentally focused.
Safety Performance and Awards
Stuart Olson’s commitment to safety and rigorous application of our safety management program produces exceptional results. Every day, we strive for zero incidents and provide a safe work environment for our employees and partners.
We are an industry leader in safety and continue to receive various awards from peer associations for our efforts to be the best in class.
Stuart Olson maintains active membership:
We built our name on quality. We have a passion for excellence in our work and relationships that honours our businesses and our industry.
Stuart Olson’s Quality Management System ensures your project is turned over with consistent and industry-leading quality. We employ practical planning techniques, provide employee competency training, and implement effective continuous improvement strategies to fulfill all regulatory standards, statutory requirements, and client specifications.
Our QMS follows ISO 9001:2015 requirements. With 101 approved weld procedures and 100 multi-discipline QAQC procedures, Stuart Olson is the complete choice for dedicated and proactive quality work.
Stuart Olson is certified to operate in accordance with the following codes and reference standards:
ITSM, TSASK, ASME, ABSA, TSBC, CWB (W47.1/W59)
Each of Stuart Olson’s Quality Pillars is vital to our Quality Management System and helps us create sustainable Customer Satisfaction.
- Organizational Structure: Stuart Olson Industrial Inc. has a firm reporting structure and chain of command. Identification of critical roles is an essential aspect of a quality organization.
- Resource Management: We believe in putting our organization in a position to succeed. Providing our valued employees with opportunities to increase their knowledge and experience through practical training is a strong belief of ours. Competency training benefits our customers both externally and internally.
- Project Management: Our goal is a systematic approach to each customer requirement achieved through in-depth planning and adhering to our overall project execution plan.
- Change Management: With each alteration to a project’s scope of work Stuart Olson Industrial Inc. will identify affected areas and mitigate cost impacts or schedule delays.
- Process Implementation: Senior Leadership actively monitors our interrelated and interacting activities, ultimately producing our client inputs into the desired output. A customized approach to our clients allows for industry-leading inspecting and testing with each project turnover.
- Continuous Improvement: Our organization will continually improve the effectiveness of our Quality Management System through the use of quality objectives, audit results, analysis of data, corrective and preventative actions and management review.
Mechanical Certifications / Capability
- “S” Stamp – Manufacture and assembly of power boilers.
- “U” Stamp – Manufacture of pressure vessels
- “U2” Stamp – Manufacture of Class 1 and Class 2 pressure vessels
- ABSA (AQP-1612)
- ASME Section VIII-1 Pressure Vessels
- ASME Section I Power Boilers
- ASME Section IV Heating Boilers
- API 530 & ASME B31.3 Direct Fired Heaters
- ASME Section I Direct Fired Heaters
- ASME B31.3 Indirect Fired Heater Coils
- ASME B31.1 Boiler External Piping
- ASME B31.1 Power Piping
- ASME B31.3 Process Piping
- ASME B31.5 Refrigeration Piping
- ASME B31.9 Building Services Piping
- CSA Z662 Steam Pipelines
- Category A,B,C,D,E,H Fittings
- ABSA (AOQP-7356) PQ Testing of Welders
- Machine Welding Operators
- Pressure Tack Welders
- Pressure Welders
- TSBC – License No. LBP024168 (Scope equivalent to ABSA AQP-1612)
- TSASK – QCP-0226-0002 (Scope equivalent to ABSA AQP-1612)
- ITSM – MB-17-067 (Scope equivalent to ABSA AQP-1612)
- CWB Division III Letter of Validation
- CSA W47.1 & CWA W59.1
- ISO 9001:2015 Compliant
- WPS Registrations in all above-listed Jurisdictions
- Multiple Certified CWB Welding Supervisors
- Multiple CSA W178.2 Welding Inspectors (Level I/II/III w/ numerous code endorsements)
- ISO 9001:2015 Compliant
- CAN/CSA C22.1 Compliant
- CWB Division III Letter of Validation
- CSA W47.1 & CSA W59.1
- ANSI/NETA ATS Compliant
- Argus Pressure Switch Testing & Calibration Certified
- NEMA VE 2 Compliant
- TSBC Licensed Electrical Contractor
- NIST Compliant (Monitoring/Measuring Equipment)
- ECAA Contractor Member
- IEEE Compliant
- Licensed Electrical Contractor with the Government of Saskatchewan
- Various Municipal Jurisdictional Requirements Experience
- Swagelok Tube Fitting & Installation Trained Personnel
- Multiple Certified Master Electricians (RME/CME)
- Multiple Certified Engineering Technologists (CET- Electrical Discipline)
Where Greatness Grows
Be a part of our team, where we pride ourselves on the quality of our work and the way we treat each our and our partners. You will build a career and long-lasting relations based on respect, collaboration and a solution-focused mindset. Stuart Olson is a place where you will unlock your potential and achieve your goals.
We offer comprehensive and competitive compensation packages to help you plan for the future, and take care of your needs.
We’re a premier provider of industrial MRO services with our growing and repeat clients, which means that we have a steady stream of work for our employees.
Stuart Olson has been empowering Canadian business since 1911. Rooted in a solid foundation, we adapt and grow to face the future. We are committed to elevating each other to chart the best path forward in an evolving world.
We are pleased to announce that Stuart Olson and Bird Construction have joined forces to create a leading Canadian construction company.
The combination of two historic Canadian companies, with strong, experienced workforces, offers greater diversification in the integrated suite of construction services, end-markets, and geographies. Our dedication and passion for delivering best in class projects has not changed, nor has our relentless focus and commitment to safety. Our new organization will continue to provide the same high level of service and commitment that you have come to expect.
Contact us directly to set up a consultation to explore whether our services meet your needs.